Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Interview: Part Two

Personal History
Style: Simple, practical, just a little bit stylish
Where I’ve Lived: Philadelphia, New Jersey, Boston, Spain, New York…and Phoenix
Role Model: Sam Vimes, a character of Terry Pratchett- moral, practical, and determined. And perpetually conflicted about it. Is it weird that I choose a fictional character?

So I think I’m going to go with eclectic…which is probably true if I take a look around at my possessions and life so far.

And now, what’s wrong with my apartment?
It’s disorganized, dull, and incomplete.
It would say, “why don’t you like me? Why don’t you do something to fix me? You complain about me, act ashamed, and yet never follow through on any of your plans.”
The one thing I’d like to do in my place is to create a comfortable place to work where I can be productive (and will want to spend time there).
In eight weeks, I’d like people to describe my home as organized, sophisticated, and polished.

Conclusions?

I answered slowly, in fact went back a few times to fill in some blanks: need pushing to make decisions. Definitely. I had difficulty with some of the more visual categories: need to look at more pictures (note: I took this quiz a few months ago and only filled in half the answers, then finished reading the book, looked at TONS of photos, and when I went over it again last week I felt more comfortable with the results). In general, I think I value comfort but want to be ‘stylish’ in a way that appears effortless.

No comments: