Sunday, September 16, 2007

Set Design Inspiration

I’ve been a fan of Joss Whedon for ten years (damn, I just realized that), and I always loved the look of Giles’ apartment from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was comfortable (love that the TV was not the main attraction), filled with books, and just looked so interesting.


I guess that’s it- I want my place to look interesting. I want to display all the random things I’ve picked up over the years- black pottery from Oaxaca (my only “collection”), castanets and fans from Spain, chopsticks from Chinese restaurants around the world (except from China), pretty boxes, camp mementos, rocks from Israel, and photos from everywhere. The dioramas I make should be hung on the wall instead of shoved under a bed. I’m an Anthropologist, and my possessions reflect that. I want my apartment to as well.

No comments: